Monday, April 9, 2007

sometimes do you feel in the mood to do something different?

Some buildings are built to be visually appealing, but instead of the building itself, I like to get the raw view

like this angle of a Wells fargo bank right->
in Boise ID, if you look up long enough you may get a little bit dizzy, I have proved that once or twice. It is probably one of the tallest buildings in town, but "The Boise Tower" was supposed to rise way above that, talking about the thing that didn't. I will have more on that in a future post, at least if they decide to do anything with the big gaping hole that sits idly waiting with the metal rusting inside.





Here in the twin cities there is more of a metropolitan look to the buildings, much taller, and more curves and angles, I guess this is where you say build up and not out, as the buildings grow in height, the sky starts to diminish, but it is kind of interesting how the the wind patterns change so much around tall buildings. One of the stories that I have heard is that a tornado was just minutes away a few years ago, but the wind difference made the tornado veer away just before downtown got hit. Fascinating, I would love to see the proof to the story some how.

No comments:

old stuff

continental divide

Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States
I am a simple guy with not so simple wants and needs